Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 15: Week 2 COMPLETE!

Wow, 2 weeks down and 12 to go (this program is actually 14 weeks, I miscounted...doh!).  This past week has been challenging, frustrating, and encouraging.  I feel like I'm in a good rhythm with my diet and exercise and it all seems more normal, not as much of a burden.  I haven't had many food cravings except when I was in the grocery store.  I only go to the store for produce, oatmeal, eggs, or meat but, damn, when you can't eat junk food it seems like it is ALL over the grocery store!  I thought I was a little bit of a picky eater but I am quickly learning that, when hungry and tired, I will take out small children with my shopping cart to get to a bag of M&Ms.  I've always hated going to the grocery store but now I hate it even more.  I mean, c'mon, it's like asking an alcoholic to go to a liquor store and buy a case of tonic water. 

My chest cold/infection put a little damper on the first part of this week but seems to be getting better quickly.  I can breathe much better today and am hoping it will all pass within the next day or so.  I still have no voice, so teaching tomorrow should be interesting.

My lifts and my cardio were fine this week.  Everything just seemed more routine this week.  Last week everything was so new and exciting...this week it seems like just another week, which is good I think.  This whole program is slowly becoming my "normal" life which keeps me motivated.  I just know that everday I will be in the gym at some point, at least once, and I will be eating some combination of about 15 foods.  The normalcy of all of it is also nice because it gives me something to think about.  I like having a goal with a deadline because I have something to focus on.

I have lost 3.5 pounds in 2 weeks.  I thought I would have lost a little more but I'm not stressing about it yet.  I can tell that my body is toning up a little.  My jeans were a little looser this week and I noticed in the pictures that my love handle region seems to have gone down a little.  So I'm trying not to over think the weight part of it.  I know it's a crucial aspect of all of this but I know that I'm doing everything that I can and Greg is helping me manipulate certain aspects of my diet and cardio as needed.  I think right now I am the most concerned about the back of my thighs (not ready to share those pics :)) and my arms.

Here is a comparison chart from the end of week 1 to the end of week 2:





























Thanks again for everyone's encouragement.  I'm still trying to keep up a social life while also getting to bed around 8:30 or 9:00 :)  Luckily I have good friends who understand my goals and help me through :)

Abs and cardio in the morning, hopefully going to tackle the dreaded treadmill.
Until next time!
xoxo

Pounds lost: 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment