Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 14: First semi-major hurdle

I don't have any grand topics to talk about tonight other than the fact that I woke up with a croup/whooping-type cough at midnight last night.  My chest had been feeling tight lately and I had felt more winded during my past few workouts but I hadn't thought much of it.  But when midnight rolled around and I felt as though I was having a heart attack/some kind of allergic reaction that was making it extremely difficult to breathe, I knew something was not right.  I tried to get back to sleep a few times but was interrupted with numerous whooping coughs that made my throat feel like it was en fuego.  Trainer Greg told me not to do cardio early in the morning (which, if I had tried, I'm preeettty sure would've resulting in me collapsing on the gym floor.  That would have been embarassing) and passed me the bottle of nyquil.  I was able to prop myself up and fall back to sleep for a while and then dragged myself to work.

I went to the doc after school and they didn't have any profound reasons for the chest tightness or coughing, but they did give me a Z-Pack and medicated cough medicine...GIGGITY!  I wasn't able to do my cardio today partly because I was late getting home and eating my 4th meal after picking up my meds, and partly because I'm exhausted and don't feel good.  So instead I'm going to sit around in my elastic pants, my sweatshirt, and my moccasin slippers and rest up.  My voice is about 40% gone right now, which is not too awesome but I think will come back with some rest and tea. 

Enough bitching.  Going to try and get back to the gym tomorrow if my chest doesn't collapse in the meantime.

Until next time!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment