Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 62: Final Stretch!

Wow!  So much has happened in the past week and a half...I won't bore you will all of the exact specifics but here some highlights/thoughts/worries etc:

*I participated in my first ever figure boot camp put on by Mike Davies at Fitness First.  It was essentially a weekend of intense workouts and information sessions to help competitors learn everything they need to know.  It was probably one of the best experiences I've had while training.  Mike, himself, was just what I need...a good kick in the ass!  My favorite quote of his was: "If you ask me if your jeans make your ass look big, I'm going to say, 'No.  Your fat ass makes your ass look big in your jeans.'"  Honesty, baby!  LOVE it!
*I had the opportunity to meet some amazingly wonderful, supportive, and in-shape ladies!  A lot of them were local, so it was really nice to make some connections and know that there are other people out there who are going through the same process I am.
*I felt good during the workouts.  They were definitely challenging, but I felt prepared for them.  We did lots of different exercises, both lifting and cardio, and I learned a lot!
*The posing part of the weekend...well, that was another story.  Let's just say, I was 1 of about 25 women, standing around in a bikini (not a posing suit because I don't have one yet) and some heels, in a freezing cold room.  I was, by far, the least musclar person in the room and was obviously a novice.  In fact, Mike called me "Fresh Fish."  It was a great information session, but it was embarassing, I think mostly because I was so new to the whole thing and the other women were so much more experienced.  I just felt really unprepared for that portion but as I learned more and practiced I started feeling a little better.  I know I can't be too hard on myself...I've been doing this for a few months while a lot of people have been doing this for years...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*After 3 days of camp, which was exhausting but SO wonderful, I headed to Ocean City for a few days.  To say I was tired would be an understatement.  The first day there I took 2 separate naps...my body was dead!  I found a local gym down there and lifted 1 of the mornings and did cardio 1 of the mornings.  It was hard to be out of my element and routine, but it was a nice break too.  I realized that watching people eat and drink around me is getting harder and harder.  Let me just tell you a few of the delicious/disgusting items that could be found on the OC boardwalk, mmmmk?  K.  Boardwalk fries, caramel and candy apples, fried oreos, fried cheesecake bites, any and all kinds of ice cream (*DROOL*), all kinds of flavored popcorn...I could on, but let me just stop...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*This past week was my "maintenance week."  Essentially, I was just attempting to maintain my weight and give my body a little break because....today marks TWELVE little weeks until the competition!  I know that sounds like a long time (yeah, it's the whole summer), but, trust me, I need 12 more weeks to get ready!!  I am technically in the last phase of this whole training program.  It will be tough for the first 8 weeks and then crucial  for the last 4.  I'm ready.  Bring it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*I learned a few things in the past week or so:
-Getting to know other people in my same boat is so important and I'm so grateful I met such awesome people.
-I am doing this competition regardless.  I know I may not be the best, more perfected competitor, but I'm going to give it my best shot.
-I want to be competitive in this competition.  Yes, I want to do it and say I've completed it.  But, I'm past that point now...I want to give those other girls a run for their money.
-I need more muscle.  Will have to do the best I can with what I've got for now!
-I need help with posing...holy moly!
-I need confidence up there!  A huge part of this whole thing is having confidence in your training, in your body, in everything you've done to prepare.
-I need a new bladder.  Seriously.  I don't think I could pee more if I tried.  Example: I stopped to pee 3 times during a 3 hour ride to Ocean City...thanks for understanding, Tanno!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Lastly, a few numbers for you:)
-12: weeks left
-84: days left
-129.5: current weight
-14.5: weight lost (so close to 15!)
-10-15ish: weight that still needs to be lost
-16oz.: amount of chicken I brought on a 3.5 day beach trip
-600g: amount of sweet potatos I brought to the beach
-520g: amount of protein powder I brought to the beach
-8: the number of tupperware containers I brought to the beach
-42: the number of eggs I eat in a week (that's 3.5 dozen per week...)
-3: the number of times I've eaten out...you know, at a restaurant, this week!!!!! Wheeeeee!
-20ish: trips to the bathroom each day...can't be a figure competitor and be weary of public restrooms...I have now peed in alllll kinds of places (including the freezing, cold ocean...don't judge, it was a long walk to the boardwalk)!!  (this also becomes kinda pricey at home as far as toilet paper goes...)

**Here are my most recent pics.  Please notice the huge tray of freshly baked chicken on the stove...haha, typical!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks again for EVERYONE who has been so wonderfully supportive.  You have no idea how your kind words have helped me continue on this crazy journey :)  THANKS!  THANKS!  THANKS!

XOXO


4 comments:

  1. i gave you a blog award! keep it up! :)

    http://wingsnotroots.blogspot.com/2010/07/you-love-me-you-really-love-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those abs girl! Jealous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg!!! u look awesome...look at those abs!!! share please!!! :)

    http://forever16iam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete