Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 81: Fitness Fashion!

The topics on this blog have been a little...heavy (no weight pun intended)...so today I'm lightening it up and showing you all some samples of my fitness fashion.  I do have another big post about how my posing session went yesterday, but I'm gonna keep it light and fun today!

Now, most mornings, I simply grab whatever tank top, pants/shorts, and bra that doesn't smell like a ball of sweat is clean.  Most all of my socks are white, except for the occasional gray pair, so those take little to no time at all.  As I've worked out more and more, though, I have realized that I do thoroughly enjoy a cute little workout outfit.  I'm not one to spend tons of money on workout clothes, but every time I go to Target I seem to find a reason to swing by the workout department and browse for a new, cute, fitness piece.

So for you, my dear and loyal blog readers who have been SO supportive and wonderful, I took some (hideous) pictures.  I even posed...with some props.  Please don't mind my face/head, I haven't showered yet from my morning workout (yesisitaroundinmyownsweatforawhilesomedaysdontjudge).  I'll group the pictures for you according to clothing piece (i.e. tank tops, shorts, etc.)  Hope you enjoy :)

I used to wear T-shirts to the gym all the time.  Now, I very rarely wear a T-shirt, especially if I'm lifting.  I get most of my tank tops from Target and they are usually Champion brand.  Some have a built-in-bra, which I used to hate (youknowwheniactuallyHADboobsbecauseitmadethetoptootight), but now I don't mind so much.  I've also gotten a couple (the green one) at Old Navy.  I really like the Champion ones with the ventilation on the side (1st pic), you know, so my HUGE boobs can breathe?  I also am alright with patterns...some mornings not so much, but other days I can appreciate a nice, little pattern, just to spice things up :)

Here is me posing in a few of my fave tank tops.





















Here is a picture of some of my tanks.  It's not all of them, but they represent what I wear pretty much every day.

Now onto the bottoms.  This is where I have a little bit of an issue.  I do not like full length pants, they bother me and always shrink up any way so I'm constantly tugging them down.  So, I started buying capri workout pants, which are OK.  But I'm getting kind of sick of the capri pants that flare at the bottom, I don't know why.  But I still wear those some days.  My favorite pair is the Nike ones because they are capris but tight all the way down.  Holds everything in nice and tight (that's what she said).  I have, wait for it, started wearing shorts much more frequently.  I even went out and bought 2 pair of those tight booty shorts to wear for when I do legs and cardio.  The shorts are alright.  Still tug them down often, which is annoying, especially on a treadmill.  Anyways, here are some photos of different kinds of pants and shorts I wear (there may be some duplicates from above, sorry I do what I can).

So these are the classic capris with the slight flair that I wear a lot.  Only have them in black and 1 pair of gray.


















I got these shorts at the Nike outlet.  Love them.  They have pockets, which I guess is nice, but I haven't really figured out what to put in those pockets while working out...thoughts?

These are my new tight shorts.  They're Saucony brand from a running store.  They're aiiiight.  They ride up a little, which is kinda annoying.


Here are my pants and shorts I wear to the gym:
















The next 2 fashion pieces I have for you all is what goes on underneath (rawr) and what goes on on top...

Sports bras are pretty awesome.  I mean, they hold everything in place, you can get them in various colors, they last a long time...I really have lost a lot of my chest since losing weight, but these trusty sports bras seem to have adapted and still (mostly) fit.  They are getting a little old, but bras are pretty expensive, so I usually wear them until the elastic is non-existent.  Here are a few of my bras.  As you can see, I really like the Nike bras.  I've had 1 from Target, which was average, and 1 of these is Adidas, which is fine as well.  But I really like the Nike ones, they're cute, tight, and last.  And they don't judge you on the size of your boobs...too bad more men aren't like a good sports bra, huh?


Every morning, even when it's 85 degrees outside, I wear some kind of cover up to the gym because they feel the need to BLAST freezing cold air at 5am.  Every fan is turned on and the air is PUMPIN'!  So, until I get good and warmed up, I keep on some kind of cover up.  I mean, I'm not trying to show everyone in the gym how I could cut class through my trusty sports bra and my cute top...gotta cover those babies up until they're good and warm.  These are a few of my cover ups.  I also have a pink one that shrunk in the wash and a couple black ones.  I've been going for white recently though, not sure why.  Don't worry, I don't judge on color, right Greg? ;)  Annnnyways, I've gotten a few of these at Target, 1 at the Nike out, and various other places.  I love a good hoodie.  I wear them around the house all the time, too.  My recent favorite is the sheer one I got at Target (blurry picture).  It's a long sleeve hoodie but very thin, good for summer!

This is my trusty water bottle I use everyday, and sometimes I even wash it.
This is my new gym bag.  I'll do a post on its contents soon. 



One day, I'll show you all the pairs of sneakers I've had and some hair accesories.  Don't get too excited!!


Hope you enjoyed the clothes :)  If anyone wants to further my Target addiction, I will gladly accept gift cards or cash donations and I promise I will spend it on fitness goodies!  

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I can see your abs through your white shirt.

    -Greg (trying to be more like a sports bra?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect timing! I was just thinking last night that I needed to pick up a few new pants/tanks. I am def. going to go hit up Target later on. One of my goals is to get to a point where I feel comfy enough with my legs to actually wear shorts as it would greatly help in mixing up my workout wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and whoever did the photography did a fantastic job =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. best post yet.
    meow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Maybe I'll start going to the gym for the outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are looking fine lady! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very entertaining! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your blog is very motivating, im probably at this level in my training atm and when i see your most recent pictures i feel like "yeah, she can do it! I CAN DO IT" thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoga clothing is so comfortable and cute that people in all ages are wearing it to their jobs, the gym. Yoga is rapidly becoming a popular sport and fresh yoga classes and studios are popping up everywhere.
      Life coaching for women

      Delete