Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 7: Week 1 complete!

So the first week is done...23 weeks to go.  That sounds daunting when I type it, but I'm trying to take it 1 week at a time.  The things I've realized this week are:
-it's OK to be hungry sometimes.
-I've lost about 2.5 pounds and that feels pretty good but I still have very far to go.
-I probably shouldn't have eaten my face off for the past 3ish months...it's making this a liiiiitle more difficult.
-Protein shakes create some of the worst gas I've ever smelled.  I apologize in advance.  And if you're standing near me and you smell something gross, yes, it's me.  Sorry.
-Events, such as birthday parties and horse races just really aren't the same when I'm not drinking alcohol.  I'm a little disturbed by this because I feel like it shouldn't make that much of a difference, but flip cup with cups of water just ain't the same....youknowwhatimsayin?!
-I think I can do this this time.  I will do this this time, even if I am not totally confident the day of the show.  I can dedicate myself, for 1 summer, and do this.

PS- I have to have a colonoscopy on Tuesday morning...do you think that will help the weight loss??  I'm hoping for a big YES.  "I'm 1 stomach virus away from my ideal weight." (From Devil Wears Prada).

Thanks again for everyone's encouragement and for your understanding and for letting me play drinking games with water :)  I couldn't do it without all of you!

xoxo


 

1 comment:

  1. As previously stated, exercise is the other important component of losing weight. If you are interested in seriously losing weight, it is important that you start exercising. When it comes to exercising and working out, you will find that you have a number of different options. For many individuals, exercising means hitting their local fitness center, but it can also mean going for a morning walk or run. Whether you put in an exercise DVD at your home or decide to lift weight at your local fitness center, this exercise is important to you, your health, and your weight loss goals.As with eating healthy foods, you may want to think about spicing up your exercises and workouts as well. This will help you stay excited about losing weight and exercising. To help keep the excitement alive, as well as give you a little bit of motivation, you may want to think about contacting some of your friends or family members to see if they would like to become your workout partner or workout buddy.

    ReplyDelete