Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 108: 25 Things

25 Fitness/Food Things You May Not Know About Me (or care to know):
(This is inspired by US Weekly's celebrity column they do where the celebrity tells 25 things about themselves that others may not know...I like to pretend I'm a celebrity :) )

1.  My all-time favorite food in this world is Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip ice cream.
2.  I have owned Nike, Brooks, Mizuno, Saucony, Asic, and Puma tennis shoes and I still really have no idea which brand I like the best.
3.  I wear my workout pants an average of 3-4 times before washing them...kinda gross, I know, but otherwise I'd be doing laundry every darn day.
4.  I like all fruits except for blackberries and raspberries because of the seeds that get stuck in my teeth.
5.  I like to read magazines while stepping, walking on the treadmill, or biking, but I can't read while I do the elliptical or while I run.
6.  I cannot do cardio without my ipod.  I just physically can't.
7.  My favorite food combination is peanut butter with chocolate...looooove sweet and salty mix!
8.  My favorite lift each week is usually back or shoulders.
9.  My least favorite lift each week is usually legs and I really don't like doing abs.
10.  My favorite fitness/health magazine is Oyxgen Magazine.  I read it cover to cover when it comes in the mail.
11.  My ideal cardio situation is when I can watch and listen to the Today show while reading either People Magazine or US Weekly.  This makes cardio much easier.
12.  I still can't decide what I should eat right after my show...but I'm leaning towards some or all of the following: peanut butter and jelly on a gluten-free roll, baked Lays, trail mix, gluten-free pizza, fruit salad...any other suggestions?
13.  I very rarely wear underwear when I work out.  I hate swamp ass in my underwear.
14.  When I need to push through a cardio/lifting workout, I turn my ipod to: Eminem, T.I., Miley Cyrus (hehe), or Rocky songs.
15.  While some people think it's gross, I would like to have a visible vein showing in my arm (bicep/shoulder region) by the end of my training :)
16.  I have not had a sip of alcohol or a dessert since April 25th.  Honestly, I'm a little scared to put both back into my life since it's been so long.
17.  After I complete the competition, regardless of the results, I would like to treat myself to a pair of designer jeans.  AndbytreatmyselfImeanGregcanbuythemforme.
18.  I eventually want to cut fake sugar out of my diet but I have a hard time with that.  Right now I have it in my Crystal Light drinks, my flavored water drinks, and my gum/mints.  It's hard to get rid of it!
19.  I would like to complete an olympic distance triathlon in the near future.
20.  The 2 things I'm the most worried about with my competition are the tanning and walking/tripping/falling in my heels.
21.  I pee at least 1 time an hour.  Sometimes I hold it so long that by the time I get to the toilet, I start peeing before my butt lands on the seat hahaha.
22.  I would love to write a fitness/nutrition column for a magazine on the side.  I would also love to become a dietitian or nutritionist but that's a lot more schooling!
23.  One of my other life dreams is to own a training studio/small gym with Greg.
24.  I think the most important thing I've learned about food through all of this is to weigh and/or measure everything you eat!  Digital food scales are my best friends!!
25.  Greg and I just bought...wait for it...22.5 DOZEN eggs at Costco and that will last us for 12 days.  I usually spend about $700/month (at the VERY least) on groceries...fresh produce and meat ain't cheap!

Now you know way too much about me :)
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Ok, not that I didn't already have a TON of respect for you and your commitment to all of this...but I seriously don't know how you do it! I just went back to work today (I am a sub teacher and sub para), and it's def. not a job conducive to what you have to do to prepare for this comp. It's not like an office job where you can just get up from your desk and grab your snack when you need/want to, etc. And how do you fit hourly pee breaks into your job?!

    After a day of dealing with 5th graders, I can't even fathom going to work out (and I won't be tonight!). The only thing I wanted to do when I got off of work was go stuff my face in the nearest piece of chocolate cake.

    Granted, I think you enjoy your job more than I do--but it's a VERY tiring field of work regardless. What's your secret??!! Do tell!

    :)
    Tracy W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, reading number 3 and then number 13 made me think that you need to buy more workout pants OR do your laundry more often. View the trip to the washer and dryer as cardio.
    Otherwise, so impressed with you! As always!

    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can be my Tri buddy after this! And in Tri's a big booty is a GREAT thing! More to push forward with! ;) You are amazing and an inspiration! We are going to eat GF pizza and drink GF beers till your heart is content in Oct :) lots of love! Im back in town and need an ass kicking in the next two weeks (I was sooo slack in cali).

    ReplyDelete