Friday, February 5, 2010

Days 30 and 31: One MONTH complete!

Yesterday marked one month of training for this competition.  I haven't decided how I feel about this past month yet.  Some days the dieting and training don't seem bad at all.  Other days, I want to eat, cry, eat, cry, rinse, and repeat.  Overall, I think the month has gone by quickly.  I'm in a pretty good routine and know that I am getting stronger and stronger each day.  I can tell that my muscles are becoming a little bit more defined, slowly but surely.  I feel less wobbly (you know, when you wave and your arm flab keeps waving even after you stop waving?  My sister and I talk about this often...hi Deli!).  I feel more toned.  I feel healthy and strong.  Yesterday, I lifted in the morning and did an hour of cardio in the evening.  Today I lifted shoulders and legs and spent an hour and 45 minutes at the gym.  I felt really good at the gym both days and am thankful that today is a rest day!!

I have lost 5 pounds this month.  I haven't taken measurements, which I regret, but I think I'm going to start tomorrow so that I can start comparing that weekly as well.  I don't know how I feel about my weight loss...kind of frustrated but also proud.  I mean that's more than a pound a week, I can't really complain.  I probably need to lose at least another 10 pounds in the next 10 weeks, so hopefully I'll stay on track.

My energy level is a little better, but part of that is because we've had a bunch of snow days and I've gotten some extra rest.  I am still exhausted by the end of each day.  At approximately 8:15pm you can find me tucked into my bed for a nice, long slumber.  Thank goodness for DVR or I'd miss every show I love. 

My insides are just starting to adjust to this whole program.  Not to get too personal but I think my stomach was screaming, "What the HELL are you doing to me?!"  I'm now more...er...regular...and I think everything has adjusted.  Not that I ever ate that terribly, but now I am eating a lot less and only about 15-20 foods.  This week I have added almond butter to my morning oatmeal and cottage cheese a few times a week.  It's the little things :)

I have not been able to be as social as I had hoped from the start.  I'm just too tired most days, especially during the week.  I try to do something with friends about once a week but going to bars on the weekends has just not happened...I can't do it all and this competition is taking priority right now.  Sorry friends, I still love you!!!!  I'm trying!!!!

I'm working with my posing coach for the first time either this Monday or next.  We are going to review my diet and my workout program so it will be very interesting and informative to hear what she has to say.  She is a professional figure competitor!

Without further adieu, here are the picture comparisons of the end of week 1 to the end of week 4.  It's a little hard to compare because I'm not standing in exactly the same position but it's the best I've got.  I'm going to try and keep my positions more standard so that future comparisons are more helpful.  Looking at the pictures, I think I've lost a little flab, toned up, especially in my stomach and a little in my legs.  Let me know what you think :)  Here you go dear blog readers:


Thanks again for everyone's support.  I really appreciate it :)
Until next time!  xoxo :)

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, you are looking awesome! You can totally tell your hard work is paying off! Look at those abs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look great! But then again, you looked great before. Kudos to you for working so hard.
    -Selinda

    ReplyDelete