Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 29: My Kitchen

I'm attempting to put more pictures on this blog.  I'm going to try and take pictures of things involved with this competition preparation and post them as often as possible. 

Tonight, I'm going to show you some things related to my meal preparation.  First, I'll show you what my lunch box looks like at the end of the day.  You will quickly realize that we have more tupperware than actual dishes (like triple the amout of the dishes).

 
The little, green containers are for fruit.  The other ones are for meals.  I usually have a Ziploc bag for apples and oranges too :)  

This is what our fridge looks like.  Today, it's not too full because we need to go shopping but I would say this is pretty average.  (FYI...that red drink is called IsoPure and it's a protein drink that I have about every other day.  It has 160 calories and 40g of protein).

 
You will notice a) more tupperware, b) multiple dozens of eggs, c) mucho veggies!

Today, I laid out everything I use to make my lunch post-workout.  Since I had a snow day (hoorah!), I was able to work out much later in the day and then make my lunch right afterward, instead of packing it into...wait for it...tupperware.


 
Do you like my display?  In case you can't tell, this is: chicken, rice, strawberries, blueberries, salsa, cottage cheese, glutamine, and creatine, and of course, water!
 
Here it is all portioned out.  1/4 cup brown rice, 3 oz. chicken, 2 apple slices, 2 orange slices, 1 oz. blueberries, 1 oz. strawberries, 1/4 cup cottage cheese.  Oh, and a vitamin C (do you see it?)

 
This is our trusty food scale.  It measures in both grams and ounces.  And it's a Biggest Loser scale...you know how I love that show!  Greg and I use the scale probably, at least, 10 times a day together.
If I do some quick calculations, I would say that, in 1 week, Greg and I go through the following amounts of food:
*9 dozen eggs
*15 chicken breasts
*5ish ground turkey patties
*3 bags of spinach
*5-7 peppers
*About 700 grams of oatmeal
*Huge tupperwares of brown rice
*Couple cases of strawberries
*4ish cases of blueberries
*So much water we pee about every 45 minutes

Hope you enjoyed my kitchen, fridge, and meal preparation :)  What do you have in your kitchen?

Off for game night with some friends!  Weigh in and pictures tomorrow!  Tomorrow marks ONE MONTH done!! 

Until next time!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment