Friday, September 24, 2010

LAST DAY!

24 hours from now, this whole journey will be coming to an end!  I can't believe it!  I mean, in a way I can because this has been an emotional, up and down, crazy, awesome, unbelievable 6+ months.  I have learned so much more about fitness, nutrition, my will power, my frustrations, my cravings...myself...in these past few months.  And tomorrow, all of the hard work and sacrifice culminates!  I'm so excited!  I'm not really nervous yet, I'm just anxious to hit the stage all tanned and bedazzled and stripper-esque :)

For fun, I documented my competition prep day/beautifying day for you all :) Now, I don't look exactly "beautiful" in these pictures but getting beautiful was the goal for the day :)

First, I got up (at 3:00am because apparently I am now an insomniac who wakes up with a racing brain...) and made all of my meals for competition day.  I have a bag of dry foods (most of which are going to be consumed after the competition, like peanutbuttercuptrailmixomnomnomnom, cereal, granola etc.).  Then, I will have a bag of refrigerated food--some of this is for the competition and some of it is healthy, clean food for me to eat after that my mommy made me (thanks mama xoxoxo).  Here's a little view for you of what our dining room and fridge currently look like:

Table with our dry foods

We should own stock in Tupperware/Ziploc

Greg is a master fridge organizer...no space is ever wasted!

Then, my mom and I headed to the sauna.  My coach said to go in for 7 minutes, then come out for 3 and repeat that cycle 3 times.  It wasn't so bad, just, you know, hot.


Then,we headed to Target where I bought a pretty sweet nightgown that I could put on after my spray tan.  I also got an oversize hoodie so I could wear that to the competition tomorrow morning.  I heart Target, it's my happy place.

Then, off to the nail salon we went!  Of course there was an entire bridal party there, but there were lots of people working there so it didn't take too long.

Please notice that: a) I am in one of the most amazing massage chairs EVER and b) I am getting a manicure WHILE still soaking my feet from my pedicure...HEAVEN!  I felt like a princess (although unshowered and wearing my PJs).
Then, I had to snap back to reality for a second and I remembered Greg and I were moving out of our house in ONE week!  So, my mom and I went over to the new condo and took some measurements of the place.  We couldn't stay long because I had to get back to the house and eat, shower, and shave (E.S.S) before going tanning.  Here's a little sneak peak of our new living room!


The lovely bathroom wallpaper :)  At least there are his and her sinks!!


Then, back to competition world it was!  After a quick meal, I showered (my final shower until after the evening session tomorrow), shaved my...everything...and then quickly left to get my first coat of spray tan.
Here I am after my first coat of spray in my schweeeeet nightgown:
Yes, that's 6oz of fish I'm holding :)

My mom and I packed up some things at my house and then headed back to the tanner for my second and final coat of spray tan.  You'll have to wait for competition pictures to see just how freakishly dark I am right now ;)  But don't worry, I'm still wearing my nightgown!

Tomorrow morning, at 5am, I will get my hair and make up done and then we will head to Richmond.  Check in is at 10, athletes meeting is at noon, and the party gets started at 1:00.  Finals begin at 6:00 and then I get to eat and relax and breathe and feel a final, wonderful feeling of completion. 

All of you have been the best support group I could have ever asked for.  I feel as though I have truly done everything I possibly could to be successful tomorrow.  I know that without your constant encouragement I'm not sure I could've kept going.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, for your messages, cards, emails, texts, calls, words of encouragement, hugs, and understanding.  I will definitely put pictures and a new blog post up as soon as possible.  I won't be back in town until Sunday evening, but I will try to update Facebook if at all possible.

Thanks again!  Talk to you after I strut my tan, bedazzled, stripper heel self across that stage!  Here we go!!

3 comments:

  1. You look amazing! Good luck!!!
    http://gititgirlaz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pix :) You are truly an amazing woman!

    Tracy W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are doing well!!! I can't wait to hear about your comp and how it all went as well as what your plans are for the future.

    :) Tracy

    ReplyDelete